Here is some quick tips for Stress Management 101 (Cortisol) :
1. Step back and verbally tell yourself "i can control this."
The mere sound of your voice saying that, is like a General telling his army "No problem guys, we have this under control!" and that is reassuring.
This is to control your overdrive from developing into an out-of-control-spiral.
2. Hug yourself physically. It is the same scenario where you hug your child when he falls. The mere act of putting our arms around ourselves is protective, soothing and calming.
So yes, self love is much needed, everyone. I personally think we should never ration on our self love.
We keep putting other people first and ourselves last, dont you think?
3. Squeeze that fingers into a ball. Release it gently until u feel your fingers becoming "heavy". Tense and untensed your muscles. Tensed muscles increases the productions of cortisol.
4. Stop yourself from being overwhelmed. How?
Are you chest breathing?
I know that as you are reading this, you are breathing and re-checking your breathing. Yes, check and re-check our breathing through the day.
Deep breathing has been proven to lull the brain waves, calming it. Breathe in through the nose and exhale through your mouth, like blowing a balloon gently. Remember to pucker your lips (like blowing the letter "O" as you breathe) because it helps in deep breathing.
5. Do these 12 stretches holding it for about 10 seconds each while breathing deeply. These full body stretches relax tight muscles
(Note: Have a chair ready by your side if you need to hold on to something for balance. Do NOT force any of the stretches. Modify it if some of the stretches are too taxing. Always listen to your body and you will get there eventually.)
Flip that switch and set that mood to POSITIVE. Why? Because, YOU can!
And you know - how you start your day will determine the mood for the rest of the day.
Never allow anyone or anything to make you unhappy.
Never let anyone rob you of your youthful positive energy.
Dont you think we deserve self-love? Of course! ...Right from the start of the day!
GOOD morning to US to GOOD DAY ahead!
Yours in health and happiness,