How to have beautiful skin? Here's two tips for beautiful, soft and glowing youthful skin.
Three hormones are affected with the quality and quantity of your sleep.
- The human growth hormone (HGH) from the pituitary gland is produced three hours into your sleep. HGH is important for skin repair and maintenance for a youthful skin.
- The hormone melatonin is increased during the mid portion two hours of your sleep and is responsible for regulating your circadian rhythm (sleep/wake patterns).
Melatonin acts as an antioxidant that helps protect the skin from damaging free radicals.
- In the final three hours of sleep, the skin’s temperature drops to its lowest point allowing muscles to relax m, giving skin its deepest recovery of the night. Cortisol, the stress hormone is being "cancelled out and managed" during this period of your sleep. An overdrive of the production of cortisol when you miss out on your sleep will cause skin inflammation reflected in breakouts, acne, dry and dull skin.
Now you see why we need about 7 to 8 hours of sleep?
Adequate sleep is important for the body to repair itself. Rejuvenation, repair and recovery happens when you sleep. You are literally a new body (and new skin!) the very next day when you wake up. And now, you know why they call it BEAUTY sleep.
TIP 2: SKIN HYGIENE
Clean is beautiful.
Are you rigorous about the cleanliness of your skin? Breakouts, dull skin, dry skin and acne is just your skin telling you that perhaps you should take a look at its cleanliness and skin health.
I think just like the New Year Resolution - New Skin Resolution is a must.
So have you new-skin- resolution yet?
Being a Physiologist, i learned in depth about how our organs can rebuild itself physiologically. Same like our skin. It is the largest "organ" of
the body and it should not be ignored.
It is not too late to pamper it and true to its saying - beauty is skin deep, it rejuvenates itself when you get rid of the dead skin cells and keep your skin clean.
With all the grime and dirt of environmental pollution and makeup products on your face, i think for starters it is important to have a good facial cleanser and it must be a reliable product that does not strip your skin of its natural oil. Organic skincare is a wise choice. When i did my facial at Celebrity Beaute, the beautician used:
Organic skincare from Arise imported from Switzerland is a natural plant formula free of synthetic chemicals, free of genetically modified ingredients and free of artificial colors making it safe and effective
Me? I replicate what she did at home.
For clean skin, cleanse with a facial cleansing milk. It
- remove dirt, makeup, & impurities
- hydrate my skin without leaving any greasy residue
- help keep my skin's natural moisture balance
- make my skin feels smooth and supple
How do I cleanse my face?
I like to have a dollop sized on my palm and apply it directly on my face making circular massaging motions as i cleanse my face. It feels rather therapeutic to see the make up gently being removed from my face. I concentrate more on the sides of my nose, around my lips, my neck and especially at my hairline.
Then i use cotton pad (i think it is gentler that tissue or cloth) to gently wipe it away. After which, i wash my face with lukewarm water. At the end of my cleansing routine, i like to splash some cold water on my face for a feeling of freshness!
Arise Cleansing Milk ha
Cleansing Milk doubles up as my Makeup Remover. As it is not soapy, it gently and effectively removes dirt and makeup without stripping the skin of natural moisture. It has also been developed with gentle emulsifiers to protect the fragile eye area.
s a silky texture which i love. Thus my
That is the basic criteria in caring for your skin - hygiene and cleanliness. Keep it organic and clean from chemicals, parabens etc. And your skin will love you for it. Before long it will show you how happy it is by radiantly glowing!